What is an epidural block (Catheter and port or pump implant)?
The temporary stopping or decreasing of the pain transmission in the nerves with the drugs given into the cerebrospinal fluid is called spinal analgesia. Drug administration into the cerebrospinal fluid can be performed with the help of a spinal needle for single-dose applications or with the help of a spinal catheter for long-term analgesic treatment.
Continuous spinal analgesia with opioids applied intrathecally is a method preferred especially in the treatment of pain in terminal stage cancer patients.Intrathecal opioids (morphine) applied by placing permanent port - pump systems in the treatment of localized cancer pain create analgesia by binding to opioid receptors located at the level of the posterior root.
How is a spinal port catheter placed?
The patient is placed on the fluoroscopy table in the lateral position. The place where the intervention will be made in the lumbar region is wiped sterile and covered. With the control of fluoroscopy (device that provides imaging by using X rays), the area where the intervention will be made is displayed. Spinal protrusions at the level of intervention are determined and entered with the appropriate needle between the two protrusions. When the spinal area is entered in accordance with the technique, the suitability of the place is checked with fluoroscopy. A catheter is inserted through the needle, whose tip is in the spinal gap, and placed in this area, and the needle is removed and the catheter is left in the spinal area. A subcutaneous tunnel is opened and the other end of the catheter is advanced subcutaneously through this tunnel up to the anterior axillary line. A surgical incision is made in the skin, the port system (drug reservoir) is attached to the end of the catheter and the skin is sutured again and the procedure is terminated.
Who can get a spinal port catheter?
In patients with chronic pain, when adequate analgesia and quality of life cannot be achieved with traditional treatments, interventional treatments should be applied. Continuous spinal analgesia with opioids administered intrathecally is preferred especially in terminal stage cancer patients.
* Day Hospitalization
* Pre-operative Analysis
* 1 Companion Included in the Hospital Package
* Vip Room and Turkish Bath Dining Room, Meeting Room, Desk, full hd tv, wirelessInternet (WIFI), in-room bathroom, Shower, Personal care supplies (toothbrush-paste, ear stick, shampoo,conditioner, shower gel, nail scissors, wet dry-wipes, moisturizing hand cream, etc.)
* 3 Main Meal 2 Snacks
* 7/24 Restourant Service and shuttle service
* Emergency button
* Nurse call bell
* 24/7 Translator Service
* Sterilization of Room and Bedding.
* Disinfection processes in accordance with Covid Standards
For a Healthy Future We continue to work, renew, develop and grow with all our strength.
A Life Health Group
A Life Health Group from yesterday to today
A Life Hospital, which was the most comprehensive health institution in the Etimesgut region in 2006, has been continuing to provide quality and safe health services for 14 years with its 69 specialist physicians and 400 experienced staff in 32 branches, on a 11700 m2 closed area, as a seven-storey hospital.
Our hospital, which started off with the understanding of human health and quality service, opened its second hospital in Ankara with the principle of "Healthy Life, Peaceful Future". A Life Hospital North Ankara, which was opened in the Pursaklar region with the A Quality service concept, will continue to be one of the leading institutions of the health sector with its 19 specialist physician staff and 200 personnel in 15 branches.
In 2020, our hospital meets the needs of its patients by using all the possibilities of advanced medical technology in 15 branches with a capacity of 57 beds and 200 staff. Our hospital, which increases its service range and quality day by day, is now in Pursak as “A Life Hospital North Ankara” in order to be the pioneer of innovations in the health sector and to take the standards one step further.
We grow even more with your trust in us.
With its expert physicians, qualified, devoted, friendly health personnel and experienced management staff, Pursaklar continues to work without compromising the ethical working principles and service quality.
A Life Hospital Health Group aims to restore the health of its patients by applying correct diagnosis and treatment methods with the importance it attaches to human health.
We Offer High Level Health Services in more than 30 Branches
We are with you with all our departments.
- Emergency - Anesthesia and Reanimation - Brain and Nerve Surgery - Child Health and Diseases - Dermatology - Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology - Physical therapy and rehabilitation - General Surgery - Eye diseases - Internal Diseases Internal Medicine - Gynecology and Obstetrics - Cardiology - Ear Nose Throat - Neurology - Orthopedics and Traumatology - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Radiology - Urology - Biochemistry - IVF - Neonatal Intensive Care - Psychiatry - Oncology - Cardiac surgery - Nutrition and dietetics - Mouth and dental health - Endocrinology and Metabolism - Gastroenterology - Chest Diseases - Hematology - Algology