The first condition for good visual function is that the cornea is transparent. In order for the cornea to be transparent, it is necessary to maintain the regular and avascular structure of the epithelial layer, which is constantly renewed with the shedding of superficial cells that have completed their differentiation. The source of regenerated epithelial cells is stem cells located in the limbus region. Blindness with corneal vascularization and opacification constitutes approximately 10% of blindness in the world (6-10 million people) and is one of the leading factors that cause this type of blindness in limbal stem cell deficiency. Loss of function of limbal stem cells due to any primary or secondary reason such as chemical / heat burns, Steven Johnson syndrome, congenital / genetic anomalies causes conjunctival epithelium to walk on the cornea, and severe vision loss occurs with the development of scar-vascularization.
Today, effective treatment options for this pathology are limited. In cases where only one eye is affected, it is tried to regain vision with autologous limbal tissue transplantation from the other eye. However, in order not to risk the healthy eye in terms of the same disease, as little tissue as possible is used and repeated treatment is avoided. In vivo, only 1-2% of limbal epithelial cells are stem cells. The most important factor in clinical success is that the transplanted tissue contains sufficient amount of stem cells. For these reasons, various attempts are made to protect and reproduce stem cells in culture medium. After the first demonstration that limbal stem cells can be reproduced in vitro and can be used in the treatment of limbal stem cell deficiency, many different methods have been used in limbal epithelial cell cultures in the last 19 years. The most successful and frequently used method among these applications is the propagation of the limbal biopsy as an explant culture on a biocompatible material (preferably human amniotic membrane) and the surgical transplantation of this tissue (cultured limbal epithelial cell).
Today, as a result of the changing legal regulations regarding the use of cellular products, the use of cultured limbal epithelial cell transplantation in our country and all over the world is widely accepted within the scope of good laboratory practices, prepared with products free of animal products (xenofree).
* Day Hospitalization
* Pre-operative Analysis
* 1 Companion Included in the Hospital Package
* Vip Room and Turkish Bath Dining Room, Meeting Room, Desk, full hd tv, wirelessInternet (WIFI), in-room bathroom, Shower, Personal care supplies (toothbrush-paste, ear stick, shampoo,conditioner, shower gel, nail scissors, wet dry-wipes, moisturizing hand cream, etc.)
* 3 Main Meal 2 Snacks
* 7/24 Restourant Service and shuttle service
* Emergency button
* Nurse call bell
* 24/7 Translator Service
* Sterilization of Room and Bedding.
* Disinfection processes in accordance with Covid Standards
For a Healthy Future We continue to work, renew, develop and grow with all our strength.
A Life Health Group
A Life Health Group from yesterday to today
A Life Hospital, which was the most comprehensive health institution in the Etimesgut region in 2006, has been continuing to provide quality and safe health services for 14 years with its 69 specialist physicians and 400 experienced staff in 32 branches, on a 11700 m2 closed area, as a seven-storey hospital.
Our hospital, which started off with the understanding of human health and quality service, opened its second hospital in Ankara with the principle of "Healthy Life, Peaceful Future". A Life Hospital North Ankara, which was opened in the Pursaklar region with the A Quality service concept, will continue to be one of the leading institutions of the health sector with its 19 specialist physician staff and 200 personnel in 15 branches.
In 2020, our hospital meets the needs of its patients by using all the possibilities of advanced medical technology in 15 branches with a capacity of 57 beds and 200 staff. Our hospital, which increases its service range and quality day by day, is now in Pursak as “A Life Hospital North Ankara” in order to be the pioneer of innovations in the health sector and to take the standards one step further.
We grow even more with your trust in us.
With its expert physicians, qualified, devoted, friendly health personnel and experienced management staff, Pursaklar continues to work without compromising the ethical working principles and service quality.
A Life Hospital Health Group aims to restore the health of its patients by applying correct diagnosis and treatment methods with the importance it attaches to human health.
We Offer High Level Health Services in more than 30 Branches
We are with you with all our departments.
- Emergency - Anesthesia and Reanimation - Brain and Nerve Surgery - Child Health and Diseases - Dermatology - Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology - Physical therapy and rehabilitation - General Surgery - Eye diseases - Internal Diseases Internal Medicine - Gynecology and Obstetrics - Cardiology - Ear Nose Throat - Neurology - Orthopedics and Traumatology - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Radiology - Urology - Biochemistry - IVF - Neonatal Intensive Care - Psychiatry - Oncology - Cardiac surgery - Nutrition and dietetics - Mouth and dental health - Endocrinology and Metabolism - Gastroenterology - Chest Diseases - Hematology - Algology