What is a radical nephrectomy?
Radical nephrectomy is a surgical treatment option for localized kidney cancer. The aim is to remove the entire kidney and surrounding fatty tissue. This surgery is performed when it is not possible to remove the tumor and leave kidney tissue behind. It is generally recommended for stage 2 kidney cancers or stage 1 tumors for which partial necreftomy is not suitable. Most people can live with a single functional kidney without major problems.
For radical nephrectomy, you will first receive general anesthesia. During surgery, you may lie on your back or on your side, depending on the side and size of the tumor.
How is radical nephrectomy done?
First, the tumor size is determined. To prevent tumor transplantation, the surgeon keeps the kidney together with the protective fat layer that surrounds it. Then the renal artery separates the renal vein and ureter from the kidney (Figure 1). Finally he removes the kidney.
Radical nephrectomy can be done with laparoscopic surgery. For this type of procedure, plastic tubes are placed inside your abdomen. Your doctor inserts instruments through these tubes to remove the kidney. A camera that allows you to view a high-resolution image of your kidney on a monitor is inserted through one of these tubes (Figure 2).
Laparoscopic surgery provides quicker recovery compared to open surgery. However, the technique is laborious and your doctor should be experienced in such surgical procedures. Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy can also be performed with the help of a robotic surgical system.
Open radical nephrectomy may be recommended in some medical conditions and when laparoscopic surgery is not in your hospital. For open radical nephrectomy, the surgeon cuts the abdominal wall to access the kidney and tumor. It has a longer recovery period compared to laparoscopic surgery, and the risk of postoperative pain and complications is higher than with laparoscopy.
* Day Hospitalization
* Pre-operative Analysis
* 1 Companion Included in the Hospital Package
* Vip Room and Turkish Bath Dining Room, Meeting Room, Desk, full hd tv, wirelessInternet (WIFI), in-room bathroom, Shower, Personal care supplies (toothbrush-paste, ear stick, shampoo,conditioner, shower gel, nail scissors, wet dry-wipes, moisturizing hand cream, etc.)
* 3 Main Meal 2 Snacks
* 7/24 Restourant Service and shuttle service
* Emergency button
* Nurse call bell
* 24/7 Translator Service
* Sterilization of Room and Bedding.
* Disinfection processes in accordance with Covid Standards
For a Healthy Future We continue to work, renew, develop and grow with all our strength.
A Life Health Group
A Life Health Group from yesterday to today
A Life Hospital, which was the most comprehensive health institution in the Etimesgut region in 2006, has been continuing to provide quality and safe health services for 14 years with its 69 specialist physicians and 400 experienced staff in 32 branches, on a 11700 m2 closed area, as a seven-storey hospital.
Our hospital, which started off with the understanding of human health and quality service, opened its second hospital in Ankara with the principle of "Healthy Life, Peaceful Future". A Life Hospital North Ankara, which was opened in the Pursaklar region with the A Quality service concept, will continue to be one of the leading institutions of the health sector with its 19 specialist physician staff and 200 personnel in 15 branches.
In 2020, our hospital meets the needs of its patients by using all the possibilities of advanced medical technology in 15 branches with a capacity of 57 beds and 200 staff. Our hospital, which increases its service range and quality day by day, is now in Pursak as “A Life Hospital North Ankara” in order to be the pioneer of innovations in the health sector and to take the standards one step further.
We grow even more with your trust in us.
With its expert physicians, qualified, devoted, friendly health personnel and experienced management staff, Pursaklar continues to work without compromising the ethical working principles and service quality.
A Life Hospital Health Group aims to restore the health of its patients by applying correct diagnosis and treatment methods with the importance it attaches to human health.
We Offer High Level Health Services in more than 30 Branches
We are with you with all our departments.
- Emergency - Anesthesia and Reanimation - Brain and Nerve Surgery - Child Health and Diseases - Dermatology - Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology - Physical therapy and rehabilitation - General Surgery - Eye diseases - Internal Diseases Internal Medicine - Gynecology and Obstetrics - Cardiology - Ear Nose Throat - Neurology - Orthopedics and Traumatology - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Radiology - Urology - Biochemistry - IVF - Neonatal Intensive Care - Psychiatry - Oncology - Cardiac surgery - Nutrition and dietetics - Mouth and dental health - Endocrinology and Metabolism - Gastroenterology - Chest Diseases - Hematology - Algology